Google My Business (“GMB”) matters. Regardless of your industry, GMB impacts search engine results, your target audience, and your overall law firm marketing strategy.
Google My Business is a free online listing that your law firm can leverage to reach the top spots on search engines. When people in your area are searching for legal assistance, the chances of choosing you are higher when you rank high on Google.
If you have ever wondered how does Google My Business help law firm marketing and why you should optimize your Google My Business profile, read on.
How Do I Increase My Google Map Presence?
When you do a quick search for your law firm on Google Maps, does your business appear in the search results?
If you want to attract potential customers and separate yourself from the competition, it is essential to show up on Google Maps. These statistics should convince you to rank high in local searches:
- More than 40% of Google searches are looking for local businesses and information.
- More than 70% of consumers who did a local Google Map search visited a business within five miles.
- 97% of individuals learn more about a local business online than anywhere else.
Increasing My Google Map presence is possible if you follow the right steps. Here are some of the strategies you can try to earn the recognition your law firm deserves:
- Verify your business listing
- Add more information to your Google Map listing (phone number, law firm address, and working hours)
- Add photos
- Add GMB posts with geotagged images
- Get Google reviews
How Do I Increase My Visibility on Google and Appear in “Near Me” Searches?
Mastering the art of SEO for law firms can feel complex and overwhelming. Most law firms understand the importance of having an online presence, but many know little about search engine optimization, Google search listings, and GMB. Here are a few tips that will help you increase visibility on Google, appear in “Near Me” searches, and attract the attention of potential clients.
- Ensure your website loads as fast as possible (especially on mobile devices)
- Identify the right keywords for your law firm and add them to your page titles, headings, and meta descriptions
- Create backlinks to your website
- Publish engaging and relevant content regularly
- Optimize your website content and posts for rich snippets
- Promote your law firm online (social media, paid marketing)
Google determines local rankings based on prominence, distance, and relevance. Make sure the information you add is helpful for your potential clients.
How Do I Increase Search Impressions on Google My Business (GMB) Profile?
If you want to understand how does Google My Business help law firm marketing, it is essential to understand every part of GMB, including search impressions. Search impressions give you a better look at how your potential clients interact with your GMB profile. You can access a vast amount of data within search impressions and insights, which you can use to increase your ranks and overall Google search position.
As a local law firm owner, you can leverage this data and make GMB work for you and your business. You can access this information from your GMB dashboard and check:
- How many views your GMB listing had
- How many people find your listing
- Where people find your listing
- How people interact with your GMB listing
Here are some of the best tactics to increase search impressions on your GMB profile:
- Keep information up-to-date
- Add law firm description (be as specific and concise as possible)
- Upload better images (from your law firm office or lawyers)
- Respond to all reviews
- Promote events, company news, and blog articles
How Long Does It Take for Google to Rank My Law Firm on Google Maps?
Although it takes three-four days for your Google My Business list to appear, it may take months to rank your law firm on Google Maps. Most law firms are aware that various ranking factors come into play, and the most important ones are:
- Total traffic
- Number of unique visitors
- Quality of links
- Website design
- Domain popularity
It is possible to speed up your Google rankings by following these tips:
- Improve the user’s website experience
- Increase your website’s loading speed
- Acquire high-authority backlinks
- Use internal links
- Eliminate distractions on your website’s homepage that divert visitors from inspecting your law firm services
Contact Us To Discuss Your Law Firm Marketing Strategy
Does Google My Business help law firm marketing? Yes, it certainly does, but it takes a lot of effort and time to achieve your desired results.
If you need help optimizing your Google My Business profile or improving your local SEO campaigns, you can count on Legal Marketing Strategy Pros to help. Contact us today at (941) 404-1370 to discuss your GMB concerns, and we’ll provide you with a solution.