There are no shortage of competent criminal defense lawyers in your local area. The competition for top paying potential clients rests strongly on your marketing efforts as much as it does on your legal services. With that said, as a criminal attorney, marketing may not be at the top of your to-do list. But if you want to attract new clients and grow your practice, it’s essential. Criminal lawyer marketing can seem daunting, but legal marketing for criminal defense attorneys doesn’t have to be. With a little planning and effort, you can create a successful marketing strategy that will help you stand out from the competition.
How do I market my legal practice areas?
Here are a few defense attorney marketing tips to get you started:
- Start with a professional law firm website: In today’s digital world, potential clients will almost always start their search for a lawyer online, and in general with Google. If you don’t have an attorney website, you’re missing out on a key opportunity to reach your target market. Investing in a professional, well-designed website is one of the best ways to market your criminal defense law firm. Not only will it help you attract new clients, but it will also give you a platform to showcase your experience and expertise.
- Claim and setup your Google Business Profile (GBP): When potential clients search for criminal defense lawyers in your area, your GBP will appear as a top result. It’s important to claim and setup your GBP so that you can control the information that potential clients see about your law firm including real reviews from clients in your service area; how to find you and driving directions to your office, and important news about your law practice using Google Posts.
- Use targeted legal SEO: Once you have a law firm website, you need to make sure it’s optimized for organic search so that prospective clients can find you when they’re searching for a criminal defense lawyer in your area. That’s where targeted legal SEO comes in. By doing keyword research and implementing relevant keywords throughout your website as well as implementing link building campaigns and content marketing by writing blog posts, for specific long-tail searches, like “dui law”, you can improve your chances of appearing in the top Google’s search results for your target audience.
- Use Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising: Using search ads is a great way to jumpstart your legal marketing efforts. It allows you to place ads on Google and YouTube and only pay when someone clicks on your ad or video. PPC can be a great way to quickly generate leads and grow your law firm. In addition, you can really target the type of person who sees your Google ads, for example, you can target only people on cell phones, who are likely searching for a defense attorneys when a loved one has been arrested, and they need to talk to a criminal law attorney right away.
- Engage with your local community on social media: Through use of Facebook and Instagram ads, as well as social media posting, you can engage your target audience in your local community your criminal defense law firm name out there. You can also use social media to build relationships with possible clients and referral sources, such as other criminal lawyers and criminal justice professionals.
By utilizing these digital marketing channels, you can develop a successful search engine marketing strategy that will help you attract new clients and grow your criminal law practice. This article will delve into each of the aforementioned areas in detail.
Digital Marketing Campaigns Accelerates A Criminal Defense law Firm’s Growth
People don’t just choose the first criminal defense lawyer they come across on the internet – they want to know that they’re hiring the best possible person for the job. That’s why it’s so important for criminal defense attorneys to have a strong digital marketing campaign in place. For this reason, being omni present on social media platforms as well as search engines is important. So to is your internet reputation and online reviews.
A criminal defense lawyer’s website should be designed to attract potential clients and give them the information they need to make an informed decision about hiring you. When designing your website, keep the following in mind:
- The design should be clean and professional
- The website should be easy to navigate
- The content should be well-written and informative
- The website should be optimized for search engines
In addition to having a strong digital marketing strategy, criminal defense lawyers should also focus on the latest marketing strategies, such as use of video and enhanced social media pages, as well as content marketing and promoting your content through ppc campaigns. By using a combination of local SEO, content marketing, marketing techniques, you can reach the widest possible audience and attract new clients to your criminal defense law firm.
Use Reviews To Boost Your Criminal Defense Attorney Marketing Strategy
When legal clients are looking for a criminal defense attorney, one of the first places they’ll look is Google and Facebook reviews. That’s why it’s so important for legal professionals to have a strong online presence and positive reviews from previous clients.
By focusing on the above referenced strategies, lawyers can attract new clients and grow your criminal defense law firms.
Criminal defense law firms need to build a website to convert legal prosepcts proactively searching for a criminal defense attorney
A criminal defense attorney’s website is often the first point of contact between the lawyer and a potential client. As such, it’s important that the site makes a good impression. The site should be professional and well-designed, with clear information about the lawyer’s experience and expertise. In addition, the site should incorporate the latest search engine optimization best practices for law firm marketing.
Optimize Google Business Profiles for Criminal Defense Lawyers
How many criminal defense lawyers does your city have? If you’re like most people, the answer is “lots.” So how do you make sure that target clients in your city find your criminal defense law firm when they’re searching for legal help?
By optimizing your Google Business Profile, you can improve your visibility in search results and attract more leads as the “criminal defense firm near me”. Here are a few tips for optimizing your GBP:
- Include relevant keywords in your business name.
- Choose the right category for your business profile – do not just pick law firm, but be niche specific.
- Add real photos and informative videos to your profile.
- Utilize the social feature of GBP Posts and geo-tag the images your use in those posts.
- Encourage customers to leave reviews.
By following these tips, you can improve your criminal defense law firm’s chances of being found by potential clients in the local 3 pack (map results) with enhanced search rankings who need legal help.
Reach more criminal defense clients with Google Ads
In order to appear in Google search results when someone is looking for a criminal law firm, it is vital to advertise your services. Assuming that your search advertisements entice someone seeking legal assistance to click on the ad, they must be brought to high converting landing pages with a clear call to action so that the criminal lawyer and the individual searching may converse, rather than allowing the searcher to continue their search for other law firms.
How to Optimize a Criminal Defense Attorney Google Ad
Many marketing firms have found Google Ads to be an effective way to reach potential clients who are searching for criminal defense attorneys. But if your ads are not optimized, you could be wasting money on clicks that don’t convert. Here are a few tips for optimizing your criminal defense attorney Google Ads:
- Include terms common to your practice areas in your ad text.
- Use negative keywords to filter out unqualified traffic.
- Bid on high-value keywords.
- Target your ads to specific location(s).
- Create separate ads for different crimes one may be accused of committing.
- Monitor your click-through rate (CTR) and conversion rate.
By following these tips, you can improve your criminal defense law firm’s chances of appearing in relevant search results and attracting leads that are more likely to convert into paying clients.
Social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube offer great opportunities to engage with your community as a whole and to become the best-known lawyer for people who might need a criminal defense attorney. But it’s important to use the right strategies, or you could end up wasting time and money.
You want to ensure your social media presence is seen as a positive asset to your criminal defense marketing campaign. When using social media, consider the following:
- Be sure to use searchable keywords in your social profile and bio so that people searching for a criminal law firm can find you.
- network your digital assets such as your law firm’s website with social profiles.
- Use high-quality visuals, such as photos and videos, in your posts.
- Engage with other users in a professional manner – this includes prospective clients, other lawyers, and influencers.
- Post regularly, but don’t spam your followers’ timelines with too many posts.
- Monitor your social media analytics to see what content is performing well and adjust your strategy accordingly.
By following these tips, you can use social media to reach more potential clients and build your criminal defense law firm.
Take Action And Start Marketing For Criminal Defense Work
There are many ways your defense firm can increase its online presence to enhance your lead generation and marketing campaigns. However, if you found the this article’s content overwhelming with respect being omnipresent in the search engine results pages and social media, you may want to contact a marketing firm that has experience working with criminal defense firms.
Many prospective clients are searching for a criminal defense practice near them. Law firms need to focus on marketing strategies that will help them reach more criminal defense clients. As seen above, this can be accomplished through paid advertising, optimizing ads for better performance, using social media platforms effectively, and law firm marketing techniques. By following the tips and ongoing marketing strategy in this article, criminal defense attorneys can increase their chances of attracting more leads that convert into paying clients.